From: Tibor Rudas <a9101556@××××××××××××××.at>
To: Gentoo Developer List <gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] TeX/LaTeX works too...
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 07:26:54
1 if root changes
2 VARTEXFONTS
3
4 to a dir with global write permissions (and sticky bit) set
5 so that xdvi and dvips can write the generated fonts+metrics
6 when they are called by a user. The default seems to be
7 /var/cache/fonts which does not exist.
8 you can either create that and adjust the permissions.
9 I set it to /var/lib/texmf/fonts which I created and adjusted
10 permissions since /var/lib/texmf already exists. (this font-dir
11 can then also periodically be cleaned do free disk-space...).
12 The whole thing can also be adjusted by calling 'texconfig'
13 (which looks better if dialog is installed ;) and adjusting the
14 parameters for "FONTS".
15
16 regards
17 tigor