From: Michael Mattsson <michael@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] GCC 3.1/3.2
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 13:27:00
1 Just curious. Who are you sending patches to? Gentoo scripters, or
2 independent QT/GTK developers?
3 What kind of patches are you refering to? Gcc3.2 or kernel patches?
4 Why arent any patches in the cvs tree? How many questions can I fit
5 onto one paragraph?
6
7 I'm kind of confused as I thought that pretty much all gentoo related
8 code were script based. If this is not the case, then is it possible to
9 get a list of gentoo specific modules that may be affected by future GCC
10 upgrades? I ask this because I tend to use the latest GCC CVS
11 snapshots for my development (currently gcc 3.1.3).
15 Michael Mattsson
16 Kyrana Inc.
17 michel@××××××.com
21 > -----Original Message-----
22
23 > 3.2 is labeled by GNU to be 100% multi-vender compliant with
24 > the C++ ABI
25 > now. Which is the core prob with the new gcc releases. By skipping
26 > straight to 3.2 we'll avoid 2 problem transitions.. 1 from
27 > 2.95 to 3.1
28 > and then from 3.1/3.1.1 to 3.2 instead we'll have 2.95 to
29 > 3.2. As one of
30 > the gcc-3.1/gcc-3.2 Gentoo guys I support this plan (was one
31 > of the ones
32 > calling for it among the devs) and I'm working hard with all
33 > the other
34 > guys to send upstream patches to developers to make sure their
35 > applications are ready for the new gcc-3.2 platform. (this
36 > will benefit
37 > all distros).
38 >
39 > --