From: Chrissy Fullam <musikc@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Re: Last Rites - August 27th - September 2nd 2007
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 19:04:00
1 > From: news [mailto:news@×××××××××.org] On Behalf Of Ryan Hill
2 > Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Last Rites - August 27th -
3 > September 2nd 2007
4 >
5 > If you like I can regenerate the list with them included, but
6 > I don't plan on doing version-specific masks in the future
7 > unless someone can come up with a good argument for it.
8
9 >> Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote:
10 >> I'm not so sure. The last rites have historically always been for
11 >> complete removals of a package from the tree. Is there any reason
12 >> to change it? Just removing an older version of a package from
13 >> the tree is something that happens all the time.
14 >> Do we want to clutter up the GWN (as much as it needs
15 >> content sometimes) with this unimportant information?
16
17 I agree with Andrew, we don't need or want to clutter up the GWN. The last rites
18 section is for full package removals and at this time we will refrain from the
19 inclusion of slots/version removals.
20
21 I encourage everyone to please think about this from a different perspective.
22 With every change made to the GWN there are repercussions that the GWN staff
23 faces. It would be greatly appreciated if discussions to change the GWN include
24 the GWN team. We are responsive to GWN-feedback emails as well as channel
25 inquiries in #gentoo-gwn.
26
27 Kind regards,
28 Christina Fullam
29 Gentoo Developer Relations Lead | Gentoo Public Relations
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list