From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] install CD bloat
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 07:10:07
1 On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 08:59:07AM +0200, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 02:54:44AM -0400, Jon Portnoy wrote:
3 > > I've heard a lot of people mention that they'd prefer lynx.
4 >
5 > Preferring a tool is subjective and depends on the person. We shouldn't
6 > provide our users with all possible browsers, otherwise the basic CD will
7 > keep on growing (w3m anyone?). We should use a commandline browser that is
8 > easy to use, configure and document.
11 Indeed, but we should also provide what will make the largest number of
12 users happiest (which was what I was getting at).
15 > Also, when a mail has "prefer" in it, it usually tends to disrupt in a huge
16 > flamewar :)
19 At least it'd give me something to read... :)
22 Jon Portnoy
23 avenj/irc.freenode.net
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list