From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Sanity check: enewuser in binpkg with portage-utils
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 14:28:52
1 Hi,
2
3 I have some ebuilds which use enewuser to create groups and users in
4 pkg_setup(), and make use of those groups and users in src_install()
5 in exeopts, insopts etc.
6
7 Is there any reason that this would not always work reliably with
8 binpkgs?
9
10 Ie. regardless of whether I am using portage or portage-utils to
11 install binpkgs with such pkg_setup() and src_install() combinations?
12
13 Should it matter if the groups and users already exist? I expect no.
14
15 I would expect it to always work reliably, because exeopts/insopts
16 user and group arguments are looked up by install at run time.
17
18 I think I had a problem with this yesterday, but I can't reproduce it.
21 Thanks
22
23 //Peter