From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [OT/NIT] Re: Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in profiles: ChangeLog package.mask
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 22:46:52
1 Alexis Ballier posted on Mon, 22 Apr 2013 15:40:33 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 > "Having functional changes mixed with whitespace/cosmetics in a single
4 > commit makes it hard to read and understand."
5 >
6 >> Also, in this case I see only one extra hunk.
7 >> But once we have proper tools (like git) we can revisit this.
8 >
9 > I don't see how git helps. You'll have to commit twice then push, vs
10 > commit twice with cvs.
11
12 But git commits are quite lightweight, while as someone already pointed
13 out, cvs commits, if done properly with repoman, are anything but.
14
15 So at least in the sense that it'll be less hassle, two git commits
16 followed by a push should be much easier than two repoman and cvs commits.
21 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman