From: John Mylchreest <johnm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo on VMWare - few ideas
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 09:21:10
1 On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:23:21AM +0100, Jose Alberto Suarez Lopez <bass@g.o> wrote:
2 > I think that it's a nice idea.
3 > Maybe 2 versions: with X and w/o X just to reduce the space needed.
4
5 How would shipping twice the number of images save space? However, at
6 the last count there was 1.8GB of space free on the torrent
7 tracker/mirrors dedicated for this kind of stuff, and my personal gnome
8 images easily fit in 500Mb.
9
10 > Can be great to try gentoo inside any other linux or win machine. Can
11 > be great too to try new systems ebuilds or to test things.
12
13 Yeah, it's not a bad idea at all. I'd actually be fairly comfortable in
14 keeping a semi-up to date image anyways, but at release time I generally
15 don't have the time.
18 Role: Gentoo Linux Kernel Lead
19 Gentoo Linux: http://www.gentoo.org
20 Public Key: gpg --recv-keys 9C745515
21 Key fingerprint: A0AF F3C8 D699 A05A EC5C 24F7 95AA 241D 9C74 5515