From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] UEFI secure boot and Gentoo
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 04:46:53
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 09:28:10PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> So, anyone been thinking about this? I have, and it's not pretty. > > Should I worry about this and how it affects Gentoo, or not worry about > Gentoo right now and just focus on the other issues? > > Minor details like, "do we have a 'company' that can pay Microsoft to > sign our bootloader?" is one aspect from the non-technical side that I've > been wondering about.
Oh, and for those that don't know, I did a lot of UEFI secure boot work in the past at SUSE, and should be soon a member of the UEFI "organization" through my work at the Linux Foundation, so I do have a basic grasp of the issues involved, and have a chance to get changes made, if needed, and possible, to the spec itself. greg k-h

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] UEFI secure boot and Gentoo Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-dev] UEFI secure boot and Gentoo Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>