From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] linux-headers
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 11:15:23
1 begin quote
2 On Wed, 05 Jun 2002 17:19:16 +0200
3 Alexander Holler <holler@××××××××××.de> wrote:
4
5 > Hello,
6 >
7 > why are the linux-headers in /usr/include?
8 >
9 > I would prefer to have the plain headers in
10 > /usr/src/linux-2.x.x-headers with a symlink from /usr/src/linux to
11 > that directory and just have symlinks from /usr/include/(asm|linux) to
12 > /usr/src/linux/include/(asm|linux).
13 >
14 > In fact, now every compile uses the headers form the vanilla kernel,
15 > not from the actual installed kernel.
16
17 usr/include/linux should reflect the kernel version that your glibc was
18 compiled with, not the running kernel. if a program needs the running
19 kernel they should link to /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include/ and
20 the linux dir there, which should reflect the running kernel and is
21 setup by make modules_install.
24 //Spider
27 begin .signature
28 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
30 end