From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unmasking =dev-libs/openssl-1.1*
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 15:04:53
1 On Mon, 03 Dec 2018 14:29:12 -0500
2 Craig Andrews <candrews@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Should the tracker have 0 issues blocking it?
5
6 Yes, because setting a date won't put a fire under upstreams ass.
7
8 And I imagine lots of the blocking status is in upstreams hands.
9
10 ( I mean, if we can fix it ourselves, great, but if we were able to do
11 that, surely we should also be able to send those fixes upstream, and
12 surely, upstream would be eager to accept them, but otherwise, upstream
13 might be the only people who know how to reliably fix their code )