From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Default blank lines for error, elog, einfo, etc
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 21:13:25
1 Just a quick thought looking over a couple ebuilds. It seems most times
2 anyone does a error, elog, einfo, or similar. They start and end with a
3 few blank lines. Calls with no arguments.
4
5 Is there any reason not to make that a default? Other than difficulty of
6 implementation. Anytime they are invoked back to back. Default blank
7 lines are added at the beginning or end.
8
9 Now granted that is WAY easier said than done. The command would need to
10 know it's being called back to back. And/or be aware of any
11 interruptions and insert a blank line. Maybe an extra argument passed
12 on?
13
14 Not sure about cases like
15
16 einfo
17 elog "Something"
18 einfo
19
20 Or similar. Could just be a pipe dream, or something that is not
21 practical or feasible to implement. Just a quick thought I had, no ties
22 to it. Toss it in the trash for all I care. :)
25 William L. Thomson Jr.
26 amd64/Java/Trustees
27 Gentoo Foundation