From: Grant Goodyear <grant@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ncurses and sandbox
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 13:27:51
1 I started to build a new system, and I decided to sandbox the
2 entire build. I emerged sys-apps/sandbox _before_ even the bootstrap
3 step, I commented out the portage build in scripts/bootstrap.sh, and
4 I started the bootstrap. Surprisingly, it seems that the ncurses
5 configure script creates files outside of ${D}:
6
7 --------------------------- ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY ---------------------------LOG FILE = "/tmp/sandbox14465.log"
8
9 unlink: /usr/tmp/conftest9012345
10 unlink: /usr/tmp/conftest9012346
11 unlink: /usr/lib/conftest9012345
12 unlink: /usr/lib/conftest9012346
13 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14
15 I took a look at the configure script, and it seems that the
16 ac_sys_long_file_names test writes (and then afterwards unlinks)
17 files in /usr/tmp and /usr/lib. Any suggestions? (Also, it appears
18 that the sandbox allows those conftest* files to be installed, but
19 not unlinked. Is that what was wanted?)
20
21 -g2boojum-
22 --
24 | Grant Goodyear | The Secrets of Physics: |
25 | Dept. of Chemistry - Clemson U |1. Add zero. |
26 | Clemson, SC 29634 |2. Multiply by one. |
27 |-------------------------------------|3. Expand in a Taylor series|
28 |e-mail: goodyea@×××××××.edu |4. Integrate by parts. |
29 |www:bernacchi.chem.uh.edu/~grant |5. Fourier transform. |
30 | |6. Add auxiliary variables |