From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Email subdomain
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:37:02
1 On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 11:09:07AM -0600, Homer Parker wrote:
2 > Now that GLEP 41 (AT/HT) has passed, we need to designate a subdomain
3 > for their email. This will cover AT/HT's as well as forum help, so needs
4 > to be generic. So to start with let me throw a couple out:
5
6 Just for the record and to hopefully not revive that whole discussion
7 about different types of developers/staff again: Forums
8 moderators/admins have @gentoo.org email addresses and aren't really
9 affected by that subdomain. Also the term staff is already taken by
10 forums staff and infra/devrel staff (if there are folks that aren't
11 full developers among them), so adding staff.gentoo.org for the AT and
12 similar ones may be even more confusing.
13 Imo ht.gentoo.org would sound quite useful, but may be not generic
14 enough (was a mentioned as requirement somewhere
15 iirc). @assist.gentoo.org sounds ok, personally i think aide@g.o
16 sounds nice.
17
18 cheers,
19 Wernfried
22 Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne at gentoo dot org
23 Gentoo Forums: http://forums.gentoo.org
24 IRC: #gentoo-forums on freenode - email: forum-mods at gentoo dot org
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list