From: Geert Bevin <gbevin@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FAQ
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 00:48:43
1 I'm sorry, but this seems to be a user level faq right here :
2 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/faq.html
3
4 On Fri, 2002-04-05 at 01:48, Glen Redden wrote:
5 > I have used Gentoo for the last three months.
6 > I have noticed that the user list has been growing exponentially in the
7 > number of posts.
8 > I am finding it more and more difficult to find the time to sift through the
9 > list.
10 > I expect many others out there who could provide the needed assistance
11 > cannot.
12 > The main thing that I have noticed about gentoo web site is the lack of a
13 > user level faq.
14 > I would like to create one.
15 > I have been studying the guide-xml and it makes doc writing much easier.
16 > I have also written a perl script that scours the user-list archive and
17 > creates a XML faq page.
18 > Of course some hand editing is required.
19 >
20 > To summarize:
21 > I would like to create/maintain a user-level faq page for gentoo linux.
22 > The page will reside on gentoo's site.
23 > Content of the page will focus on the gentoo distribution.
24 > Off site links to documentation will also be provided where the question is
25 > more general to linux.
30 > gentoo-dev mailing list
31 > gentoo-dev@g.o