From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Revisiting GLEP 19
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:42:10
1 On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 10:18, Carsten Lohrke wrote:
3 >
4 > These are fields, separated by spaces, too. What about when I type (take in
5 > account my second nick name is typo):
6 >
7 > echangelog had to touch this <beeep> ebuild the 4 th time because of
8 > continuing problems with bug 0815 and 4711 - thanks to joe helpful et al
9 >
10 > How does echangelog know which of these numbers refer to bug reports?
11
12 Actually, it would throw an error to begin with since you're not using
13 the desired input format.
14
15 You would need to input something like:
16
17 echangelog "had to touch this <beeep> ebuild the 4 th time because of
18 continuing problems with bug 0815 and 4711" "815 4711" "joe helpful"
19
20 It would take the bugs from the "bugs" field. It shouldn't parse the
21 text field at all. That's the whole point that I think everyone is
22 trying to make with xml'izing the ChangeLog. Instead, you would do
23 something more like this:
24
25 echangelog "Modified src_unpack to add the fix-bug-0815.patch and also
26 the fix-bug-4711.patch to the ebuild" "815 4711" "Joe Helpful, Johnny
27 Patchmaker, Bob User"
28
29 ...and of course, anything but the first field is optional, so for most
30 changes, nothing would change as far as the developer is concerned. The
31 whole point is to *allow* for better data handling, not to force more
32 work on every developer.
35 Chris Gianelloni
36 Release Engineering QA Manager/Games Developer
37 Gentoo Linux
38
39 Is your power animal a penguin?