From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: news item: nfsmount renamed nfsclient
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 07:08:55
1 William Hubbs posted on Fri, 30 Jan 2015 16:22:38 -0600 as excerpted:
2
3 > this is covered in the nfs-utils-1.3.1-r1 ebuild by ewarns; however, qa
4 > asked me to write a news item as well, so here it is.
5 >
6 > Let me know what you think.
7 >
8 > Thanks,
9 >
10 > William
11 >
12 > Title: nfsmount service renamed nfsclient
13 > Author: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
14 > Content-Type: text/plain
15 > Posted: 2015-02-02
16 > Revision: 2
17
18 Repeating a comment I've seen for other news items:
19
20 The Revision header is intended for machine-parsing use AFTER original
21 release, in case an earlier release needed corrected and thus a revision
22 other than 1.
23
24 As such, it should always be Revision: 1 when first released, and thus
25 for all pre-release review postings, unless there has actually been a
26 previous release and the review posting is actually reviewing a
27 correction-revision of a previously released news item found to be in
28 actual need of revision after release.
29
30 For those familiar with the news and mail header RFCs, think of the
31 Revision header value greater than one as a Supersedes. If the original
32 was never released, there's nothing to supersede, and revision should
33 always be 1.
38 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman