From: Viktor Lakics <lakicsv@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] AA and KDE in gentoo - solved !!
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:25:18
1 Dear Gentooers,
2
3 Thanks for Sebastian, the AA problem is actually solved. To get AA everywhere,
4
5 you need to change that line in startkde...
6
7 This is obviously a bug in the script. I tried Dan's suggestion, chaged the
8 evironment variable everywhere, no success. Then I cleaned all my changes,
9 and realized that when I set AA on in kcontrol and restart KDE, QT_XFT is
10 turned on anyway...(echo $QT_XFT tells it). So the problem is NOT the
11 QT_XFT variable isn't being set, but something else.
12
13 So again:
14
15 Change
16 > the line:
17 > LD_BIND_NOW=true kdeinit +kcminit
19 > kdeinit +kcminit
20 > in the startkde script.
21
22 Thanks for everyone .
23
24 Viktor
25
26 Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
27 > I have the problem too and use the ati-driver... (rage128)
28 >
29 > I have a discussion with one of the kdefont-support freaks.... try to
30 replace
31 > the line:
32 > LD_BIND_NOW=true kdeinit +kcminit
34 > kdeinit +kcminit
35 > in the startkde script.
36 >
37 > I think this is the new idea to start applications faster... but if i use
38 the
39 > short version all the fonts are in the dialog...
40 >
41 > I have detected this in a enlightenment session where i have started k-Mail
42
43 > which has the fonts in the settings-dialog...
44 >
45 > try this, i think it a bug in current version,
46 >
47 > hope this helps.
48 >
49 > Sebastian