From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: "Tomáš Chvátal" <scarabeus@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, fonts@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Font eclass EAPI update and design
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 13:15:21
1 В Пнд, 01/02/2010 в 11:35 +0100, Tomáš Chvátal пишет:
2 > As I was reworking the x-modular-r2 eclass I found out that most of the
3 > slowdowns for fonts were produced in fonts eclass.
4
5 Exactly what slowdowns are you talking about? I've reviewed all changes
6 and I don't see any noticeable performance improvements anywhere. Or
7 what do you mean?
8
9 > I would like to ask you to review the changes and spot anything that
10 > might slipped my sight.
11
12 1.
13 -FONT_SUFFIX=${FONT_SUFFIX:-}
14 +: ${FONT_SUFFIX:=}
15
16 What are the benefits of this change? Personally I prefer first syntax
17 more since it's more evident and does not need to run empty command :
18
19 2.
20 if has X ${IUSE//+} && use X ; then
21
22 I'm not sure. With this change should we update all packages depending
23 on font.eclass to have X in IUSE?
24
25 3.
26 If you dropped
27
28 if has_version '>=media-libs/fontconfig-2.4'; then
29
30 then >=media-libs/fontconfig-2.4 should be in DEPEND.
31
32 4.
33 + [[ -n ${DOCS} ]] && { dodoc ${DOCS} || die "docs installation
34 failed" ; }
35
36 This should be non fatal, until somebody installs all packages that
37 inherit font.eclass and assures us that nothing broke with this change.
40 Peter.
41 h