From: Aisha Tammy <gentoo.dev@×××××.cc>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] BugDay - August 1st - Everyone is welcome to join!
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 00:31:34
1 # Gentoo BugDay
2
3 Come join us over at #gentoo-bugday on freenode IRC on the first Saturday of every month
4 to squash bugs and make Gentoo a bit more awesome.
5
6 You don't need to be a Gentoo developer or even a coder to help us on BugDay.
7
8 Our next BugDay is on 1st Aug 2020 and we have started making preparations for
9 selecting and prioritizing bug categories for that day.
12 ## Bug categories
13
14 The bug categories should be broad enough that there will be a lot of bugs being targeted.
15 We keep a option poll open to everybody to help us narrow down the categories of bugs to
16 focus.
17
18 The opinion poll is there to get an input from everyone about how to best tackle the current
19 bug situation and get an understanding of the community and developer priorities.
20
21 The poll is open at https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/Bugday_2020-08-01/
22
23 Be sure to vote in the poll to get your opinion heard.
26 ## For developers
27
28 Even if you have never coded for Gentoo you can help us with your knowledge.
29 It's always valuable to have your experience to guide us.
30
31 Things to help with
32 - Find a related bug that piques your interest.
33 - Look at upstream if this has been reported to them.
34 - If not, make a bug report to the upstream developers.
35 - If they have already seen it, check if they have managed to patch it.
36 - If not, try to gather as much information as you can about the bug so that
37    it may help the developer tackling it.
38 - Alert us at #gentoo-bugday and interact with us to see if this can be squashed.
41 ## For users
42 Users are one of the most important part of Gentoo and this is the occasion for them to
43 talk the developers and make your bugs looked at.
44
45 Take a look at the categories for BugDay at the poll link and the final BugDay wiki page
46 - Find a related bug that you have experienced and has not been fixed yet
47 - Try to see how it can be reproduced.
48 - The related bug reports have been ignored for months you say?
49    Come poke us about these bugs at #gentoo-bugday on the freenode IRC
50    and we will begin squashing any of those that are pending.
53 ## Whats in it for me?
54
55 Bragging rights, permanently being listed on the charts of BugDay, sense of entitlement.
56
57 Any person who helps us solve valid problems will be given the honor of being listed on the page.
58
59 Even users who help related bugs and find links which make our problem solving easier will be put on a pedestal.
62 ## Contributors
63
64 Thanks a lot to jstein@ for being the gracious organizer and making sure everything goes smoothly.
65
66 And special thanks to contributors who have worked on our previous BugDays.
67
68 Past contributors:
69 - https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Bugday_2020-06-06
70 - https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Bugday_2020-07-04