From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Don't use / when applying sed with CFLAGS
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 19:57:19
1 On 6/27/11 9:26 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Monday, June 27, 2011 11:23:58 Lars Wendler wrote:
3 >> Am Montag 27 Juni 2011, 17:01:01 schrieb Fabian Groffen:
4 >>> On 27-06-2011 14:08:52 +0000, Justin Lecher wrote:
5 >>>> Please do not use / as seperater when using sed with CFLAGS. I came
6 >>>> across a bug today where it failed for crossdev. Here the toolchain
7 >>>> header paths in the cflags and consowuently the seds fail.
8 >>>
9 >>> Please also don't use ':' as separator, as some platforms have options
10 >>> for their toolchain that includes colons.
11 >>
12 >> Rather than telling us what to _not_ use as separator how about suggesting
13 >> a list of konwn to be good separators for such cases. How about the @
14 >> character?
15 >
16 > "|" tends to be safe for *FLAGS
17 >
18 > this topic has come up before, so it's probably useful to read the history in
19 > the archives rather than rehash the whole thing from scratch every year or so.
20 > i thought we also had a section in the devmanual covering this ...
21 > -mike
22
23 I am not cross compiling so I never hit this issue nor was interested
24 in. And not even thought about it, so the addressed audience are people
25 like me.
26 Due to this bug I did a grep on the tree and there are really many
27 package doing it wrong. So any section in the manuals or past
28 discussions here didn't change a thing as it seems.
29
30 justin