From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: "Trusted contributor model"
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 18:30:45
1 On 22.7.2022 21.18, Matt Turner wrote:
2 >
3 > How would you suggest we track who has commit access, etc? The same
4 > way we do with developers, via a developer bug?
5 >
6 > I ask because I've noticed a lot of inactive proxied maintainers—one
7 > of which had been listed in metadata.xml for 6 years but had never
8 > committed to ::gentoo.
11 We can see them in gitolite's configuration. For example I can already
12 see who has guru commit access (to which branch even) or to infra-hosted
13 personal overlays. But I don't expect this list to grow very large, at
14 least currently. A tracker bug wouldn't hurt either, if we can enforce
15 it as part of the process early on (it can even be visible to infra-only
16 or something)
17
18 I must admit I haven't looked into actually implementing this in the
19 main tree but I'm pretty sure our gitolite has to be included, which
20 itself would solve this.
21
22 -- juippis

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature