From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RC_STRICT_NET_CHECKING or the net dependency
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 02:11:08
1 On Saturday 21 October 2006 10:05, Roy Marples wrote:
2 > baselayout-1.13 now handles multiple provides. That means that you have can
3 > 3 or more services that provide "logger" and baselayout will pick the right
4 > one based on what's running, then what's run the runlevel and finally
5 > alphabetical order. As such, our net scripts all provide "net". Handy that.
6 >
7 > RC_STRICT_NET_CHECKING is used in the init script depdency process, and
8 > quite frankly I'd like to punt it and replace it with ...........
9 > rc-update! Yes, just put the init scripts that "net" should provide in your
10 > runlevel. boot contains net.lo by default and we also coldplug any net
11 > devices by default too.
12
13 you should outline how people would be able to get the existing behavior ...
14 simply saying the new baselayout handles multiple provides doesnt exactly
15 translate into RC_STRICT_NET_CHECKING no longer being needed
16 -mike