From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Linux 2.6.28 stable plans
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 12:25:46
1 2.6.28 is out, happy holidays..
2
3 The usual things:
4
5 1. Bugs in non-kernel packages in the stable tree that appear due to
6 this upgrade are tracked at bug #252467
7
8 2. Tentative stable date is January 15th, will be held back if we have
9 bad kernel regressions etc, but jan 15th is the aim. If your package
10 breaks due to this upgrade, it's your responsibility to fix this in the
11 stable tree before this date. You can ask me for help. As long as it's
12 gone jan 15th, your broken packages will not hold back the kernel from
13 going stable...
14
15 3. Who's brave enough to put ext4 on / ? :)
16
17 Daniel