From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] binary packages and striping
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 06:30:38
1 On Wednesday 08 March 2006 21:42, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > One alternative is to add nostrip to the restrict of those packages, so
3 > that prepallstrip is skipped and extra files are not created.
4 > That is what I've done with emul-x86-* packages and mplayer-bin, but I'm
5 > not 100% sure how it is the idea for the other binary proprietary stuff.
6
7 this is kind of a pita in terms of maintenance and imo a hack ... why not just
8 have the splitelf code skip stripped binaries
9 -mike
12 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list