From: mike <vapier@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 00:16:18
1 yes if you compile the packages on another machine and extract
2 them on the local machine
3 basically, look into the 'build package' and 'use package' options.
4 `emerge --help` and `man 5 ebuild`
5 problem though ... the --usepkg option in emerge seems to be
6 completely broken in 2.0.28 :(
7 -mike
8
9 ----- Original Message -----
10 From: "hoochie mamma" <hoochiemamma72@×××××××.com>
11 To: <gentoo-dev@g.o>
12 Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 01:02
13 Subject: [gentoo-dev] gentoo
16 > Hello
17 > I have a REALLY bad laptop that I got for free the specs are (486, 8
18 > megs of RAM, 550 megs of hardisk space and a generic video card) I was
19 > wondering if I have any chance running Gentoo on it?
20 >
21 > PS: I dont care how slow it will run but I just want it to run.
22 >
23 > Thanks
24 >
26 > Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.
27 > http://www.hotmail.com
30 > gentoo-dev mailing list
31 > gentoo-dev@g.o