From: exg@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] xpdf status
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:49:15
1 Guys,
2
3 The xpdf version we have currently in the tree is a modified one that
4 links to poppler, provided in IRC to genstef by an ubuntu developer (no,
5 ubuntu does not use it); now, I can understand that having a single
6 point of failure is desiderable, but I completely disagree when doing
7 this implies using a thirdy-party version not maintained/hosted anywhere
8 (the reasons being obvious, I hope). Besides, it's improbable that
9 upstream will add support for poppler in xpdf.
10
11 I really would like to see back the upstream version, what do you think?
14 Emanuele
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list