From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: EAPI-1 (or >1, perhaps) Proposal: AND Dependencies
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 23:03:15
1 Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > If you can, try integrate a name based syntax into the requirement.
3 > using decorative characters alone may have their uses, but there are
4 > only so many you can use, and so many combinations you can create
5 > before all your code starts looking like perl's acme eyedrops. I say
6 > name based, because this allows some degree of permitting forward
7 > development & enhancement without majorly breaking an existing system
8 > :)
9 >
10 Wow that all sounds mega: er what does it mean? ;) I mean, can you give
11 examples of the syntax please? I'm guessing and instead of && but what
12 about (..) Is that going to be line-based? (LISP brackets are very annoying
13 imo.)
14
15 > ( im not much of a lisper, but lisp a lot of functionality for the
16 > cost of very minimal symbol abuse . .im not saying we should use lisp
17 > syntax, but maybe a page from their book in terms of expandability )
18
19 Yeah #haskell has nice ideas too..
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list