From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Upcoming Council meeting on July 26th, 1900 UTC
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 01:11:54
Piotr Jaroszyński wrote:
> On 19 July 2010 01:27, Duncan<1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote: > >> Dale posted on Sun, 18 Jul 2010 12:43:43 -0500 as excerpted: >> >> >>> It always seemed to me that people want to send threads to -project for >>> them to just go away. Once a thread goes to -project, it just whithers >>> on the vine and nothing much happens. There may be a need for -project >>> but if almost no one is going to be there, there is no point sending >>> threads to it. Maybe developers should be required to subscribe to >>> -project so that even if a thread is sent there, they still get to see >>> the postings and deal with the issues that are being raised. >>> >> I think that was the point. Having the list and telling people the topic >> belongs there is the polite way of telling them their output's better >> directed to /dev/null (which is of course the the geeky *ix way of saying >> "shutup already!"), without actually restricting someone's right to make >> their point... just that they might as well be posting to their private >> diary for the number of others that'll actually read it. >> > Yeah, that's exactly a thread that belongs to -project and not -dev. > >
I think you may be missing the point of Duncan's reply. My point is, when someone doesn't want someone with a different way of looking at things to post on this list, they tell them to go to -project. They seem to think that some people are stupid and won't realize that what they are really saying is to "go away" and/or "shut up". Thing is, some people are actually smart enough to see what is going on and what that means. They sometimes go away, far away. Then some people wonder why, just why, Gentoo has the reputation that it does. I don't wonder myself. I figured that out a good long while ago. Dale :-) :-)