From: Orson Jones <junkmell@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] recovering from aborted emerge
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:48:33
1 I was doing an emerge when my net connection died. It was in the middle of
2 a download when it stopped downloading. I did ^C to quit, then ran the
3 emerge command again. It gave me an error saying that I needed to download
4 a file again because the md5sum was incorrect. It then promptly quit. I
5 deleted the file then ran emerge again. It didn't complain and proceded to
6 download the file.
7
8 I think it should note that there was a problem with the file, then procede
9 to either attempt to resume the download or download it again.
10
11 Orson Jones