From: Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: USE flags
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:43:17
On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 01:20:13PM +0200, Björn Lindström wrote:

> I wasn't suggesting that. I just said that a) instead of first > installing stuff in e.g. /usr/share/doc and then deleting it, portage > would just not install stuff there in the first place,
I think here's a misunderstanding. The "install" in the mail to which you replied means the "install" step of portage, not the "merge" step. Portage should not stop any ebuild from putting stuff into ${D}/whatever, but it can remove the doumentation directories before doing the "merge" step which moves it to the place your are talking about.
> I never said anything about modifying any ebuilds.
"not installing" implies this. But since you seem to mean "not merging", I don't think there's a problem with that. Bye, Patrick

Subject Author
[gentoo-dev] Re: USE flags (=?iso-8859-1?q?Bj=F6rn_Lindstr=F6m?=)