From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Make udev optional in net-wireless/bluez?
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 12:26:07
1 On 09/03/14 04:55, Alexandre Rostovtsev wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2014-03-08 at 21:23 -0500, Joshua Kinard wrote:
3 >> So I want to try and play around with a particular network domination tool
4 >> on my home network, Omphalos. However, its current configure script has a
5 >> hard dependency on bluetooth.h, part of the net-wireless/bluez package.
6 >>
7 >> Currently, net-wireless/bluez has a harddep on virtual/udev, which works
8 >> great if you use either udev or eudev. I'm using busybox's mdev instead, so
9 >> the logic of the bluez ebuild needs some changes:
10 > [...]
11 >> Thoughts on this?
12 > Does mdev have any API which is equivalent to libudev's hwdb? See
13 > http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/libudev/libudev-udev-hwdb.html
14 >
15 > If yes, then optimal solution would be to patch bluez to allow using
16 > mdev's hwdb support, and get the patch upstreamed :)
20 No, the hwdb.bin is specific to >=udev-180 (can't remember exact
21 version, but it was around after 180)
22
23 Did you mean to imply the bluez package is severely crippled without the
24 database?
25 If so, then why not do what Joshua asked but package.use.force the
26 USE="udev" enabled,
27 with an explanation in the comment, and let people unforce it if they
28 really want?
29
30 - Samuli