From: George Shapovalov <georges@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] trouble getting su to work
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 23:52:08
1 From gentoo-user gentoo-user:
2
3 Check if your /bin/su is suid root. If not, chmod 6755 /bin/su
4
5 As I recall there was a problem along the portage and pam update, su was
6 loosign suid bit for some people.
7
8 George
11 On Thursday 04 April 2002 21:33, you wrote:
12 > Greetings, I hope that I got the right list.
13 >
14 > I am having trouble getting su to function correctly.
15 > I have my users added to the wheel group, but no dice. Am I missing
16 > something? I upgraded pam to fix the login bug, but it didn't work before
17 > that either. I could appreciate some help here. Everthing else works
18 > flawlessly.
19 >
20 > Thanks for your time.