From: Alex Alexander <wired@g.o>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Doing and then undoing slotmoves
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 09:41:38
1 On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Fabio Erculiani <lxnay@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 > 6 days ago gienah committed a bunch of slotmoves for the haskell
5 > glib/gtk stuff [1], basically moving the pkgs to slot 0 (from slot 2).
6 > This was done in file 4Q-2013.
7 > It turns out that the same gienah moved those pkgs to slot 2 (from
8 > slot 0) in 2Q-2013 [2].
9 >
10 > I have never seen something like that and this generated an
11 > interesting bug in entropy (well, I fixed it...). What I am asking is
12 > quite simple though.
13 > Is this allowed? Should the previous slotmove be removed?
16 Did a few quick tests, seems to me that the old slotmove should be removed.
17
18 Alex