From: Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving functionality out of portage and into the tree
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:38:50
1 you have my --overwhelming-- support.
4 On Thursday 29 July 2004 05:36 am, Brian Harring wrote:
5 > The scripts are kind of a no brainer for moving- what I'm also
6 > proposing, is the creation of an ebuild-base eclass that is
7 > automatically inherited, and lives in the tree.
8
9 certainly better than my idea of cramming econf into eutils ^^;
10
11 > As for actually doing these moves, it's pretty straightforward.
12 > Transferring the scripts out of portage pretty much consists of a PATH
13 > addition in a portage release, for auto-inheriting ebuild-base.eclass,
14 > addition of another src statement. About it.
15 >
16 > So... thoughts?
17
18 any idea when we might see this ability in a portage release?
22 Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list