From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] adding a code of conduct
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 21:18:44
1 Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> said:
2 > Carsten Lohrke wrote:
3 > > This is what I'd like to see clarified. To me, only a decision of the Council
4 > > may lead to such a "suspension", as it is the relevant _elected_ entity. And
5 > > I hereby request to add a paragraph at least, stating exactly this.
6 >
7 > This is absurd. The council shouldn't need to make every decision in
8 > Gentoo itself. It should be able to delegate power to any group it chooses.
9
10 Agreed, and they are allowed to revoke said power if they chose as well.
11 This shouldn't happen, but if they believe a group has stepped out of
12 line... Things should only go to the council when all other methods
13 fail, and they are the only ones you can appeal to.
16 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting qa toolchain x86)
17 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
18 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
19 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
20 http://www.halcy0n.com