From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Creation of 'virtual/wine' to satisfy builds
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:14:00
1 On Friday 11 July 2003 13:09, Alex Veber wrote:
2 > On Friday 11 July 2003 05:28, Luke-Jr wrote:
3 > > Instead of virtual/wine, perhaps virtual/win32 would be better? After
4 > > all, Gentoo Windows (aka Gentoo Cygwin) would probably use the actual
5 > > Win32 libraries and not a WINE...
6 >
7 > I honesly don't know anything about cygwin or how it works, but the main
8 > reason of intreducing the wine virtual is so that apps can compile and link
9 > against winelib. together with the wine-config tool I am working on will
10 > enable users to link against diffrent versions of wine without a problem.
13 I agree, a virtual/win32 will probably not work. Most applications that want
14 wine expect the wine environment. They don't expect actual windows. Of
15 course, in case we have a win32 port the wine dependency can be made
16 dependent on that (!win32? (virtual/wine) )
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze
22 Researcher