From: "Chad M. Huneycutt" <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: "Michael J. Heinrich" <mjhein@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Updated .iso files
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:25:11
1 Michael J. Heinrich wrote:
2 > Hello all!
3 >
4 > I was just wondering why it is so difficult to find the .iso images
5 > from your site
6
7 You can find them by following the ibiblio link and then go to
8 snapshots/build/ix86-linux-gnu and getting the latest build_1.0_rc6
9 image (-r14 right now). It is not easily accessed b/c it is an rc and
10 not a "real" release.
11
12 > and when the .iso files will be updated to include the Linux
13 > 2.4.18-pre3-mjc-XFS kernel, the Xfree86 4.2.0, and the Portage
14 > 1.8.5+ stuff. I am a total newbie to Gentoo and I guess I'm still
15 > in Red Hat, Mandrake, Caldera mode. Could someone point me in the
16 > right direction and show me the error of my ways?
19 The build image will not be including the 2.4.18_pre3 kernel, as it has
20 some xfs issues, but that doesn't matter anyway. We don't need a
21 cutting edge kernel on the build cd, just one that supports the features
22 needed to bootstrap the system. Once you do that, you download all the
23 latest and greatest ebuilds. We do now have a XFree86 4.2 ebuild, and
24 I'm sure Daniel is working hard on a new kernel. Portage 1.8.5 will be
25 installed when you emerge system from the CD.
26
27 Chad