From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving GCC-3.4 to stable on x86
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 02:42:46
1 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> said:
2 > that means when people upgrade to gcc-3.4, gcc-3.3 will remain on their
3 > system until they remove it
4 >
5 > so if user fails to rebuild all their packages before unmerging gcc-3.3
6 > they will be screwed, but OH WELL
7
8 Yea. Even after they remove it though, libstdc++-v3 should be pulled in
9 after that. Only issue I really see is people that have libraries compiled
10 with 3.3 and 3.4 and don't know why stuff is broken. I don't know how large
11 of a problem that will be though.
14 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting toolchain x86)
15 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
16 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
17 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
18 http://www.halcy0n.com