From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proposal for consistency between {RUBY,PYTHON,PHP}_TARGETS
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 14:43:37
1 Ole Markus With wrote:
2 > Maybe I could change the currently masked php5-5 slot to php5_5 instead
3 > and then eventually phase our the hyphen based slots. This would mean
4 > inconsistency between the php slots for some time, but eventual
5 > consistency with Python, which I do see as a good thing.
6
7 I think that's a good idea. Go for it.
10 Duncan wrote:
11 > these changes will require end-user configuration changes.
12
13 I don't know if it's neccessary to make a change overnight. I think
14 the gradual approach is fine, even if it will take a bit of time to
15 reach the sky.
18 > I know a lot of former gentooers who already complain about both
19 > that, and about the need for constant attention to config changes
20
21 I would never update a package unless I actually wanted to update it.
24 //Peter