From: "Jared H. Hudson" <jhhudso@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE problems in ebuilds (was: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: the libpng problem)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:41:58
1 USE="-foo" or export USE="-foo" from the command line
2 does not work currently. Daniel is working on the problem and will have
3 it fixed soon.
4
5 -Jared H.
6
7 > and for testing I tried the command line:
8 >
9 > USE="-tk" emerge scilab
10 >
11 > now, the dependency-check comes out as it should, portage doesn't
12 > start to grab TCL/TK. _but_ the "`use tk`" doesn't seem to notice
13 > the USE="-tk" statement. I have "tk" listed as a USE-flag in
14 > /etc/make.conf but I would _really_ expect Portage to ignore that
15 > when I explicitly say that I don't want tk right now on the command
16 > line. hopefully I'm doing something very stupid, can someone please
17 > tell me how to deal with this?
18 >
19 > (sent to both gentoo-user and gentoo-dev, with reply set to
20 > gentoo-dev)
21 >