From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: more help needed with gcc-4.8 stabilization, chromium starts heavily using C++11
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 09:22:53
1 On 26/11/14 22:52, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 4:21 PM, Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 00:34:33 +0000 (UTC)
4 >> Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> While it pains me to say this, unfortunately it looks like we have
7 >>> another "toxic person" situation to deal with, with all the
8 >>> implications that come with it. Maybe it's time to deal with it.
9 >>
10 >> Toxic wars have casualties; in one of the sides, or in both of them.
11 >>
12 >> IOTW; you're already dealing with it, you can only change the outcome.
15 > Can you be clear as to what you're recommending?
16 >
17 > Are you suggesting that instead of trying to mediate between people
18 > who don't get a long, it would be better to just pick one or the other
19 > as the winner and boot the other out?
20
21 You are missing the point completely.
22
23 > One of the challenges here is that if we were talking about just one
24 > productive person who tended to drive everybody away that would be one
25 > thing. The problem is that we have a lot of productive people who
26 > have different sorts of personality quirks.
27
28 This is not a matter of quirks. It is not a *quirk* making a mess of
29 other people work and doing that repeatedly.
30
31 It is *not* getting along or not, it is having one side causing damage
32 and not being accounted for that for reasons that are and will make us
33 bleed contributors.
34
35 And what annoys me the most is that the issue would had been solved by
36 _fixing_ the bugzilla setup but apparently nobody had the time or the
37 will, me included, mostly since I do not dabble in perl.
38
39 lu