From: Peter Kadau <peter.kadau@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge --pretend update questions.
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:59:30
1 hi !
2
3 > is there something special i have to do to 'remerge' an ebuild correctly?
4 > i have tried a simple emerge of the most recent grep.x.ebuild a number of
5 > times, but it continues to show up with the R. do i have to first update
6 > everything before it?
7
8 well, as a first hint, read my answer to tom's question, which was a
9 reply of my reply to your first posting.
10 the "R" will always show up, as long (as your grep is in
11 your /etc/make.profile/packages or depends on one of them)
12 # do i miss something here ?
13 _and_ your installed version ebuild is the latest non-masked.
14 if there is a newer one, it will show up as "U".
15 if you don't have it all, it will show up as "N"
16 (yes, i know you guessed the last two ;-)
17
18 > j
19
20 # please correct me
21
22 hth again
23 ciao
24 peter
25
27 Peter Kadau <peterdotkadauatwebdotde>
28
29 "Why program by hand in five days what you can
30 spend five years of your life automating ?"
33 1.000.000 DM gewinnen - kostenlos tippen - http://millionenklick.web.de
34 IhrName@×××.de, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de