From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Naming of repositories: gento-x86 edition, bike shedding wanted
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 17:38:03
1 On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 7:04 PM, Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On 15 March 2015 at 06:34, Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o>
4 > wrote:
5 > > imho,
6 > >
7 > >> Questions:
8 > >> 0. What names for the tree/repository.
9 > >
10 > > "gentoo"
11 > > (it's also the repo_name)
12 >
13 > Our repo is already named "gentoo", so this makes the most sense.
14 >
15 > But I wouldn't mind "gentoo-main" either. But then we should also
16 > change the repo_name.
17 >
18 > While we are at it, can we change the default location from
19 > /usr/portage to something like /var/repos/${repo_name} then?
22 I think coupling the two changes is a pretty bad idea. Doubly so since
23 people have been trying to change the default for years without success.
24 Lets just get this one thing done and not couple it.
25
26 -A
30 > --
31 > Cheers,