From: Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>
To: Frederick Reeve <frederick@××××××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] net.eth0
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 10:41:18
1 On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 09:46:10PM +0100, Frederick Reeve wrote:
2 > Also I have a question to put out. Does anyone have a good reason not
3 > to add a force option to emerge. The way I see it the worst that can
4 > happen is the package fails to build.
5
6 Isn't the --nodeps options that what you are looking for?
7
8 --nodeps (-O short option)
9 Merge specified packages, but don't merge any dependencies.
10 Note that the build may fail if deps aren't satisfied.
11
12 Wkr,
13 Sven Vermeulen
16 Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.