From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: app-text/cuneiform
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 15:19:26
1 Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > > A per-ebuild bug metric would be cool. A kind of health indicator
3 > > for individual ebuilds, alerting users when some of our installed
4 > > ebuilds go yellow, so that we have perhaps on the order of six
5 > > months before the package goes red, at which point it would be
6 > > fine to mask at will. Does that make sense? (Obviously how many
7 > > months yellow is depends on what else happens in the tree. It's a
8 > > ballpark figure.)
9 >
10 > No we don't have the human resources to do that.
11
12 Ah, no, it must be automated. Of course the metric would be
13 accordingly "stupid" but it would still be way more informative
14 than no metric at all.
15
16 I think a GSOC project is a good fit, unless of course a developer
17 likes to run with the idea. In any case, yes, people are needed to
18 do development, but working out an idea is a good start.
21 //Peter