From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] OpenLDAP2.2 coming to stable x86 soon
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:39:55
1 Ok, OpenLDAP2.2 has lasted nearly 2 months in stable, with no open bugs
2 against 2.2 itself. I've just put 2.2.28 in the tree, and it should fix
3 all remaining cases where strange build problems cropped up.
4
5 So this is now notice that I intend to move it into stable on x86 next
6 weekend (except if a major bug comes up).
7
8 For most users, revdep-rebuild should cover you.
9
10 For anybody running an OpenLDAP server, the ebuild WILL fail, and will
11 provide you with a set of manual instructions for the upgrade, so that
12 it does not corrupt your existing database.
13
14 If you bypass the checks and try to run the new version anyway, it WILL
15 corrupt your data. Perhaps totally, but sometimes just in subtle ways.
18 Robin Hugh Johnson
19 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
20 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
21 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
22 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85