From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: put new additions along with removals in GWN
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 21:12:43
1 Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Thursday 26 October 2006 00:57, Alec Warner wrote:
3 >> Caleb Cushing wrote:
4 >>> reporting additions of new programs aren't feasible? or are you
5 >>> referring to version updates and package bumps and such....
6 >> Reporting removals will be done by treecleaners once I have it implemented.
7 >>
8 >> Reporting additions may require some cvs foo on lark; such as new
9 >> directories in ${PORTDIR}/$CAT/
10 >>
11 >> Someone needs to implement the foo; however.
12 >
13 > (Not on cvs, but on a normal tree, but maybe works on cvs. There is a sanity
14 > check by checking that a dir contains at least 1 ebuild)
15 >
16 > ===== start =====
17 > OLDPKGS=/var/cache/gwn/oldpkgs
18 > NEWPKGS=`mktemp -t`
19 > find /usr/portage -mindepth 2 -maxdepth 2 |while read in
20 > do
21 > EB=`echo $in/*.ebuild`
22 > if [ -n "$EB" ]; then
23 > echo $in
24 > fi
25 > done >$NEWPKGS
26 > #These are new packages
27 > cat $OLDPKGS $OLDPKGS $NEWPKGS|sort |uniq -u
28 >
29 > #Old packages can be retrieved almost similarly:
30 > #cat $OLDPKGS $NEWPKGS $NEWPKGS|sort |uniq -u
31 >
32 > mv $NEWPKGS $OLDPKGS
33 > ===== end =====
34 >
35 > Paul
38 I've got some foo that can run on lark and figure out new and removed
39 packages; as well as do it given date ranges. It uses the cvs history
40 file. My foo basically looks at new and removed Changelogs in
41 gentoo-x86. It excludes profiles/ (there are Changelogs in there).
42 I'll post it a bit later; I have a few bits of it to fix.
43
44 It doesn't cover updates/. I don't think that corner case is easily
45 covered.
46 --
47 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list