From: "José Fonseca" <j_r_fonseca@××××××××.uk>
To: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
Cc: gentoo-dev List <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Script to clean old files from /usr/portage/distfiles
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:29:12
1 On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 07:28:35PM +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > I get the messages below before the duplicates after running with the -p
3 > flag. Is there a way to ensure the cache is up-to-date and clean before
4 > running?
7 Calling ebuild with depend updates the cache of that ebuild. For
8 example, doing:
9
10 ebuild /usr/portage/x11-base/xfree/xfree-4.2.1-r1.ebuild depend
11
12 updates /var/cache/edb/dep/x11-base/xfree-4.2.1-r1 on my system.
13
14 But my understanding from looking at the sources is that emerge
15 automatically keeps the cache uptodate in the normal use. But then
16 again, it's not perfectly clear to me the roles of the two caches
17 (/var/cache/edb/dep and /usr/portage/metadata/cache), specifically in
18 which order they are used and updated.
19
20 > sed: can't read /var/cache/edb/dep/app-admin/metalog-0.6-r9: No such
21 > file or directory
22 > ...
23
24 If the list [of files that the script plans to delete] below is
25 complete, then the above error messages aren't important. If not then I
26 can update the script two use both caches in an attempt to find more.
27
28 > 4.2.0-libGLU-bad-extern.patch
29 > 4.2.0-xlib-i18n-module.patch
30 > 4.2.0-zlib-security.patch
31 > ExtUtils-F77-1.13.tar.gz
32
33 José Fonseca
35 Do You Yahoo!?
36 Everything you'll ever need on one web page
37 from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts
38 http://uk.my.yahoo.com
41 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list