From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] default USE flags in profiles (+acl)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 01:15:39
1 On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 19:33 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > now that the issue with depclean is resolved (the reason we removed USE=acl in
3 > the first place), users shouldnt be able to [as easily] break their systems
4 >
5 > so if we're going to be enabling cruft like USE=ldap by default, we should be
6 > adding back in acl
7
8 I would prefer that we add this into a new release profile and move it
9 "up" the profile inheritance tree as the non-acl profiles get
10 deprecated, rather than introduce this into the current profiles. In
11 fact, for anything that isn't a required change, we really should be
12 doing things more like this simply to ensure that we aren't changing
13 things out from user people. That being said, if others disagree, I
14 don't really have a solid argument against it other than preferring
15 things stay more static in the profiles, where possible, so I wouldn't
16 object to it.
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
21 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
22 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
23 Gentoo Foundation