From: "R. Dicaire" <rdicaire@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] keychain questions
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 11:09:26
1 Hi Daniel, I tried keychain v1.2, but got some strange behaviour that resulted
2 in inconsistent multiple ssh-agents being started for the same user.
3 I downloaded v1.3, and will try it out when I get a chance.
4
5 My question is:
6 After the machine is booted, and I log in to a local console, keychain starts
7 fine, I get prompted for my passphrases, and ~/.ssh-agent is successfully
8 written. Once this is done, I startx (not using [gkx]dm). Now when I open an
9 xterm -ls, most of the time keychain runs successfully from my shell init, and
10 it tells me the keys are added. Inconsistently when opening a new xterm -ls,
11 it'd start a new ssh-agent, and prompt me again for passphrases, and
12 additional ssh-agents are started. Why aren't the variables exported from the
13 initial console login? Do I also need to source ~/.ssh-agent* from ~/.xinitrc
14 as well?
15
16 This is on a Slackware 8 box, kernel 2.4.9, keychain v1.2, bash version
17 2.05.0(1)-release (i386-slackware-linux-gnu).
18
19 Thanks.
20 ----------------------------------------------------
21 Richard Dicaire